Thursday, July 17, 2008

Next pattern in line - Sunset Knoll Polonaise

I've been testing - and retesting - my next pattern, a polonaise which can be worn plain as a redingote, or as a fully draped evening gown, with a loose front Tea Gown option. I've had a little trouble with the side back seam, but I think I have it resolved. The instructions have gone off to be proofed, and I'm *hoping* she will want to make it up, too, but I know she has several projects on a short time line.

I *really* want to make this pattern available soon, so I need a volunteer or two to make it.

I offer your choice of one of my patterns as a reward for testing this pattern within a month. Please contact me at deb@mantua-maker.com if you are interested.

Here is the *original* prototype of this pattern, started many years ago. For various reasons, the whole project languished on a shelf after this dress was made. For those of you who remember the Centaur Bustle Dress at Costume Con 23, it was known as "After the Masquerade".

No comments:

Post a Comment