Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Back on Track for the Walking Skirt

I've been much too distracted by other things, but I'm finally sewing on the walking skirt. Between my day job (which is very part time, and not paying even a bean), finishing up the two bodices, and selling odds on eBay (I'm a packrat, so that is less painful than I thought it would be), I've just been hopping. The Mystic Mine Basque is now on my website, and the You Bet Bodice is almost ready to go.

So, I've started sewing again. Unfortunately, Texas is having a heat wave, and electricity is expensive, so I keep the A/C at 83. My problem is that my sewing room is very dark, and half an hour after I turn on the lights, I'm cooking! Off to the computer, where I can work in the dark with half the hot flashes.

I did iron the fabric during a thunderstorm, when it cooled off for a few hours. It's amazing how a meager 4 degrees can make such a difference! I felt quite spry that day.

I thought I'd introduce you to the man in my life. He's getting old (aren't we all!) and he's been blind for years. I must tell you, a blind cat is the ideal companion for a seamstress. He can rarely FIND trouble to get into! It doesn't slow him down much, except that he only jumps up on certain things, usually where I am sitting. Strangely enough, he'd been blind for a couple of years before I realized it. I knew he was acting odder and odder, but until he ran into a wall, I couldn't figure out what was wrong. I took him to the vet, and she said Ocular Degeneration. We were both amazed. But for me, I'm happy I can leave projects on the table and not worry about him eating the fringe or the silk flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment